Your watches matter to you, whether you wear them “hard” every day, or coddle them as an investment to be traded or, better yet, passed to the next generation.
Keeping your watches in a winder on your dresser is convenient – they are easy to look at and stay wound, so you can wear the watch you like on a moment’s notice.
But with that convenience comes risk. According to the U.S. Justice Department, more than one out of ten homes in the US is the victim of property theft annually, mostly from people we invited into our homes. And watches make a good target for thieves. On the other hand, how much fun is it to lock away your beloved watches in an out-of-the-way safe?
At BlumSafe, we believe you should never have to wonder or worry about the security of your watches. We also believe that this security should never come at the cost of convenience.
BlumSafe convenience means being able to admire your watches in a well-lit, instant opening, easily concealable wall safe.
|Tabletop Winder||Floor Safe||BlumSafe|
|Ease of Access||Yes, but for you and anyone else, including thieves||Possibly, but at the expense of floor space and concealability. Otherwise, you are likely to be bending down to view and retrieve your watches in an inconvenient location.||Yes, takes no floor space, permitting placement where you want it, with your valuables at torso-level so you don’t have to bend down and strain your back to retrieve and admire them. Safe can be opened instantly with biometric fingerprint scanning or with digital lock.|
|Ready-to-wear||Yes – your watches are always wound||—||Yes, your watches are always wound.|
|Protection from Amateur Thieves||—||Yes||Yes|
|Protection from Professional Thieves||—||With the right tools and thirty minutes, the skilled, veteran thief can break into or remove virtually any consumer safe. To protect your valuables you must deprive the thief of time by layering your defenses, key among them being concealment of your safe – a leading attribute for wall safes like the BlumSafe.|
|Flexibility of Use||—||—||Yes. The BlumSafe features two fully adjustable shelves for jewelry, cash, guns, and other valuables, and key hooks on back of door. Winders can also be removed from the safe for outside use.|
|Customization||—||Possibly||Modularity, up to twelve winders can be added as your collection grows.|
|Value||Winders are generally expensive and handsome — handsome advertisements for the valuables inside of them.||—||Absolutely yes – for the price of a luxury tabletop winder or an inexpensive floorsafe, you get the best of both — a wall safe AND up to 12 winders!|
- Advanced 500 DPI optical fingerprint, 4-8 digit code or key opening system
- LCD Display and sound alerts if door left unlocked (silenceable)
- High quality modular Boxy watch winder and drawer/base
- Base holds up to 12 high quality, velvet-lined Boxy watch winders in a 3X4 configuration, add winders as you need them!
- Drawer has removable watch cushions for an additional four watches or jewelry
- Each winder individually programmable for 3 speed and 3 direction settings (clockwise, counterclockwise and bi-directional) and 3 turns per day settings (672, 960, 1248)
- Winders removable for use outside the safe (with optional power adapter or base)
- Powered by easy-to-install electrical connection or in-safe battery pack
- Bright LED light with door opening activation
- Convenient door-mounted, closable shelf, for use while safe is open
- Two velvet-covered adjustable shelves, with nearly three times the depth of regular wall safes for greater storage flexibility
- Optional (but highly recommended) smart sensor detection, communicates to smartphone app and sends texts for door opening, vibration, temperature, battery life and internet connectivity
- Note: Due to thinning fingerprints of users over the age of 55, biometric fingerprint readers may lose accuracy